Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Running Late - duh.


  6.21.12

6.21.12
The last day is never a good one.  A whole year with these tiny people, and it is gone in the blink of an eye.  Wasn’t it just September, when I was complaining about the shoe tying and the crying?  Yeah I know what you’re thinking, ‘here we go with Teaching is so rewarding blah blah blah’ – Or ‘the end of year is so stressful blah blah blah’.  Well I mean, it is…and it is.  Seriously, shove your TPS reports, and your stock dividends and your cranky grownups where the sun don’t shine.  Children are irrational.  They cry because their dog died TWO YEARS AGO.  They are cranky, and then they have their cranky parents call you.  They don’t know how to do everyday tasks but then the say something ridiculous, or help the smelly kid, and suddenly all is right with the world. 

On the last day, you rarely remember the crankiness (there ARE exceptions).  You rarely remember the stubborn foot stomping or crying.  You just remember the good stuff, and that makes this day a tough one.  So  you pack an extra cup of coffee or two, and you roll with it.
                                                                   
                                                                   6.20.12
6.20.12

Thanks Kelley for sharing this.  I got her permission prior to snapping the photo.

Seriously.  I don’t think I could possibly explain to you how absolutely hilarious 7 year olds can be.  Not only do they rarely miss a flipping beat, they truly and honestly can crack you up like no other.  I mean are you seeing this?  This kid is a genius.







6.19.12

6.19.12
At this point, when the custodians head down to the basement to bring packing boxes…most of them already have my name on them.  I simply have to change the room number I am heading to.  Next year will be a pretty huge-normous change.  I’m choosing at this point to believe firmly that it will be a good change. (For those of you who know me…let’s be honest, I SUCK at change)  While this sums up my general feeling, here are the top 5 things about this move in no particular order…

1.  I started in NH, it will be cool to be back (NH stands for North House.  NOT New Hampshire, though both are technically true)
2.  Packing up and moving allows me to get rid of an awful lot of junk
3.  I’ve got great “neighbors”
4.  Kids don’t pee on the seat in the adult bathroom
5.  Duh. Air Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment