Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wait - it's June?



6.8.12

6.8.12
I live in a pretty sweet spot.  It’s a small place, in a great neighborhood with a decent backyard.  I am two blocks from the beach, and two blocks from town.  Sure the raccoons fight to the death in the apple tree, the deer take over whenever they feel like it, and I occasionally have to tattle on the kids for climbing ladders to play practical jokes.  The part that really blows my mind is how my neighbor sometimes does some supremely oddball things.  Like continually planting grass seed in the area where grass never grows.  Watering her “garden” during a rainstorm.  Or, after two weeks of dumping rain, watering a 15-year-old hydrangea just because.  Granted, these aren’t nearly as bad as putting on a pot of tea (on the wrong burner) and setting some Tupperware and her iPhone on fire - or, putting the car in reverse instead of drive and nearly destroying the trash containers.  I like to point out her goofiness – but today these bad boys busted out in full bloom.  So maybe the watering of the 15 year old plant was not such a bad idea.

6.9.12

6.9.12

I should so totally be doing progress reports.  Oh well – there’s always next weekend.













6.10.12
6.10.12
“What are you doing?”
“Taking a picture”
“Cut it out”
“Why, it’s just a picture”
“Cut it out”
“Why?”
“Because I said so.”

Apparently because I said so doesn’t work as well with adults.

 
6.11.12

In the middle of Fundations today – as I was circulating to check how kids were doing…I noticed this.  Because I am five.






6.12.12

6.12.12
So in a last full week of school stupor I headed out for a quick run.  I’ll take the trash out on the way…why not?  HOLY CRAP IT’S 9:45!?  How the hell did that happen?
It didn’t.  I don’t think I have EVER changed the time on this thing.  Don’t even know how long it’s been there.  Oops.
                                                            
6.13.12
                                         6.13.12
I should not be allowed to purchase anything chocolate.  Bottom line.  No ifs ands or buts.  Never ever ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment