Tuesday, May 8, 2012

lucky


5.8.12
 
5.8.12
I am unbelievably lucky.  I go to work each day, walk through the door and it doesn’t feel like work.  Every day I get to do a job that cracks me up, a job that I absolutely adore. I get to have a blast Monday through Friday – and I get paid for it.

I think I knew I wanted to teach as early as kindergarten.  If you ask any of my friends I would bet a million bucks that they would support that statement.  Don’t get me wrong, there are days that getting out of bed is the last thing I want to do.  There are days where the shoe tying, the crying, the whining, and the boogers make me want to throw things. 

But then there are the days where one of my kids, on his way to put away his overflowing writer’s notebook, randomly exclaims “look Grommet, we’ve got cheese!”  Then there are the days where in the middle of silent reading; a six year old cracks up at the funny part of a book.  Then there are the days that you are on the brink, the absolute brink of throwing things because you are juggling too many things.  Pretending not to worry or think or stress about too many things – and something like this shows up on your desk.

I am unbelievably lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I may not like the days one of my kids poos their pants, but when I have a three year old that simply says, "Miss Burger, thanks for everything," my heart just melts! :-) Missin' HB...

    ReplyDelete